Time & Attendance
By Staff Report
Jul. 1, 2011
The American Pet Products Manufacturers Association 2011-12 National Pet Owners Survey relates these facts about U.S. pet owners:
• In 2010, U.S. pet owners spent $48.35 billion on their pets; the estimate for 2011 is $50.84 billion.
The cost of veterinary care in the United States for 2011 is estimated at $14.1 billion.
• 62 percent of American households own a pet, which equates to 72.9 million homes.
• 38.2 million households have a cat, and the total number of owned cats is 93.6 million.
• 46.3 million households have a dog, and the total number of owned dogs is 78.6 million.
• On average, dog owners spend $225 and cat owners spend $203 annually on routine veterinary visits.
Workforce Management Online, July 2011 — Register Now!
Schedule, engage, and pay your staff in one system with Workforce.com.
federal law, minimum wage, pay rates, state law, wage law compliance
Staffing Management4 proven steps for tackling employee absenteeism
absence management, Employee scheduling software, predictive scheduling, shift bid, shift swapping
Time and Attendance8 ways to reduce overtime and labor costs
labor costs, overtime, scheduling, time tracking, work hours