Time & Attendance
Prevent Call Outs
Implementation & Launch
By Staff Report
Jun. 3, 2009
Many organizations are using a total rewards approach to unite and integrate these rewards—the organization’s people policies, practices and programs—under a single structure. This helps employees and candidates more easily view all the components of a work experience offered by an employer. Once the programs are viewed holistically, a variety of tools and media can be used to educate and communicate their value and how employees can make the best use of them.
A number of communication approaches can be used both in print and online:
• Personalized statements. All the generic information in the world does not have as much impact as giving an employee a snapshot of their own health and retirement benefits. Personalized statements are voted the most appreciated communication among employees. A personalized statement—in print or online—should include all the people programs offered by the organizations. The quantifiable benefits should be on the statement pages and a cover page should introduce and provide context for the statement and linkage to total rewards and the organization’s employer/employee philosophy.
• Printed pieces—newsletters/bulletin—become online spotlights for posting to the Internet.
• FAQs become online interviews with audio files.
• Create a “how to read your statement” audio file to help employees better understand their online personalized statements.
• Introduce online open enrollment by adding a “how to enroll” audio file.
• Turn scripted PowerPoint presentations into webinars.
• Conduct long-distance focus groups via webinars.
• Measure ROI via online surveys.
• Create podcasts for communicating with employees via iPods.
• Set up an internal blog to introduce wellness, promote the value of your 401(k) and educate on making the right choice at annual enrollment by having carefully selected internal subject-matter experts develop and manage the content.
• “High-touch”: Don’t forget the power of in-person presentations, especially when issues/messages are complex, challenging or negative.
• CAMTASIA: Create online training videos or stream narrated PowerPoint presentation on a Web page.
• Swish Jukebox: Plays audio on a Web page in Flash format without a separate audio player.
• Movable Type: Blogging software for professionals and enterprises.
• WebEx LiveMeeting: Online presentations or webinars that can be recorded for future playback.
Schedule, engage, and pay your staff in one system with Workforce.com.
federal law, minimum wage, pay rates, state law, wage law compliance
Staffing Management4 proven steps for tackling employee absenteeism
absence management, Employee scheduling software, predictive scheduling, shift bid, shift swapping
Time and Attendance8 ways to reduce overtime and labor costs
labor costs, overtime, scheduling, time tracking, work hours
Don't miss out on the latest tactics and insights at the forefront of HR.