Time & Attendance
Prevent Call Outs
Implementation & Launch
By Staff Report
Feb. 25, 2010
Nonprofit business membership organization Corporate Voices for Working Families of Washington, D.C., has released its 2009 Employer Guide: Educate Your Employees About the Benefits They’ve Earned in time for tax filing in April 2010. Corporate Voices makes the guide available to companies and other organizations as a way to help low-wage employees take advantage of a host of benefits available to them. The guide provides detailed information about the earned income tax credit, child tax credit, Medicaid and other benefits.
The Employer Guide includes the following tools:
• Information on the earned income tax credit (EITC), advanced EITC, the child tax credit, Medicaid/State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP), supplemental nutrition assistance program (SNAP), low-income energy assistance program (LIHEAP) and Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) centers
• Tips on how employers can talk to employees about tax credits and federal benefits
• Step-by-step instructions on how to enroll employees in advanced EITC
• Guidelines to help employees avoid predatory tax-preparation practices
• Corporate best practices on how to best use the guide to help employees access these programs
• Calendar of important dates to remember when filing for these benefits
• Facts on the “stored value card,” often referred to as the prepaid debit card
• Paycheck stuffers—available in both English and Spanish
Download the guide and its tools here.
Workforce Management Online, February 2010 — Register Now!
Schedule, engage, and pay your staff in one system with Workforce.com.
federal law, minimum wage, pay rates, state law, wage law compliance
Staffing Management4 proven steps for tackling employee absenteeism
absence management, Employee scheduling software, predictive scheduling, shift bid, shift swapping
Time and Attendance8 ways to reduce overtime and labor costs
labor costs, overtime, scheduling, time tracking, work hours
Don't miss out on the latest tactics and insights at the forefront of HR.